Labiaplasty: Before and After
Dr. Brady is an expert in labiaplasty and the only cosmetic gynecology specialist in Dallas. A certified fellow of the American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, she has performed the procedure for thousands of women who wanted greater comfort and more confidence in their appearance.
- They may experience irritation or uncomfortable bulging when wearing certain clothes, like a thong or yoga pants.
- They might not be able to enjoy their favorite activities, like horseback riding or spin.
- Sagging labial skin may interfere with intercourse or personal hygiene. Patients may have to move this tissue out of the way during sex or adjust this skin when placing a tampon.
- In addition to creating a firmer appearance, Dr. Brady can perform the labiaplasty in a way that gives the labia a pinker pigmentation, which some tend to associate with youthfulness.
- Excess skin often affects the area around the clitoris. To make the labia match aesthetically with this area, labiaplasty is usually paired with a reduction of the clitoral hood, either by removing skin at the side (hood reduction) or by lifting the hood (clitoropexy).
- Labiaplasty does not affect a woman’s ability to deliver vaginally in the future. The surgery also does not affect the g-spot, and Dr. Brady does not operate on the clitoris or its nerves directly, so there is no risk of diminishing sexual sensation.
- Treat the surgical site with ice packs for the first three days: 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.
- Use a stool softener to prevent constipation.
- Don’t exercise.
- Wear loose clothing, avoid using tampons, and do not participate in oral sex, anal sex, or intercourse.
- Do not soak in water including bubble baths and hot tubs.
Most of our patients describe the pain related to recovery as manageable and many manage post-operative pain merely with over-the-counter medications. As the nerves heal and the stitches dissolve, patients may feel itching, which they can treat with BENADRYL® as well as with the lidocaine ointment our practice provides. These symptoms usually subside after 10-14 days.
“Dr Brady and her staff made my experience just perfect! I had the labiaplasty procedure that was something I wanted done for years! The staff was professional and very friendly. I laughed, talked without feeing rushed and not once did I feel uncomfortable. Every question was answered and more information was given than expected. Dr Brady was very informative, understanding, and made my vagina “pretty”! I have already recommended her to friends who have also been uncomfortable with their vagina appearance.”
– R.B. from Terrell, TX
Labia Minoraplasty, Clitoral Hood Reduction