As a result of childbirth, aging, or heredity, the labial skin around a woman’s vaginal opening may begin to sag. Her vaginal opening and canal may also widen, and the tissue may become lax. These changes can affect a woman’s comfort, confidence in her appearance, and ability to enjoy intimacy. These changes may also lead to decreased sexual function, urinary incontinence and vaginal dryness causing painful intercourse.
Women who are dissatisfied with the appearance and/or function of their vagina and pelvic floor can benefit from Votiva Vaginal Rejuvenation treatment. This procedure uses the latest heat and radiofrequency technology to optimize the quality of life of patients through improved vaginal health and sexual wellness.
Women rely on Dr. Brady and her expert staff for their intimate health needs because of her extensive experience, her medical specialization, and her approach. She is a certified fellow of the American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists with almost 20 years experience in private practice. Dr. Brady’s work focuses on cosmetic gynecology and sexual health, and she offers Votiva as one of several options to help women look and feel their best. She has designed the practice, Women’s Wellness Institute of Dallas, as a safe and professional place for women to share their intimate concerns and achieve their sexual goals.
What Is Votiva/ThermiVa?
Both Votiva and ThermiVa are non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation platforms. ThermiVa utilizes the original technology, including UNIPOLAR radiofrequency energy, to gently heat up tissue stimulating collagen production in both the vaginal canal and the vulva (external genitalia). Over the years, energy-based vaginal rejuvenation options naturally evolved into Votiva, which uses BIPOLAR radio frequency energy, allowing more heat-energy to be absorbed by a woman’s vaginal tissues. Since Votiva uses bipolar radiofrequency instead of unipolar radiofrequency like other competitors, it produces faster and better results. In addition, Votiva can eliminate the need for vaginal tightening surgery for women with mild to moderate vaginal laxity.
Achieve a Tighter Vagina and a Younger Appearance Without Surgery
Votiva delivers radiofrequency (RF) energy through a thin and flexible medical applicator. The energy gently heats the tissue and encourages the development of collagen. Over time, treated tissue takes on a firmer, plumper, and more elastic quality.
View Before and After Photos of Votiva
Treatment with Votiva is:
- Very safe, well-established, and non-invasive. Patients can return to their normal activities immediately after their visit to Women’s Wellness Institute of Dallas. Radiofrequency energy was cleared by the FDA in 2013 to gently heat intimate tissue to encourage collagen development, and the development of new nerves and blood vessels.
- Fast and easy. Each Votiva session will take about 30 minutes. Most patients say that the experience doesn’t hurt at all and feels more like a hot stone massage than a medical treatment.
- Low commitment. Both RealSelf and our internal statistics show that approximately 92% of our patients are happy with their results. Since there will be no recovery or pain following the visit, there’s limited downside to getting Votiva.
The ideal protocol recommends three Votiva treatments, each spaced four to six weeks apart. Most women will see the optimal improvement three months after their final session. The benefits of Votiva will last about twelve months, and patients will typically return once a year for a single treatment to maintain their results.
What Are the Benefits of Votiva?
Votiva has a number of benefits for women who desire non-invasive vaginal rejuvenation. These include:
- Tighter, more compact, youthful appearance of the labia and vagina
- Increased sensation during sex
- Prevention of bladder leakage and overactive bladder
- Improved G-spot sensitivity and sexual function
- Decreased vaginal dryness causing painful intercourse
Who Is a Candidate for Votiva?
Nearly any woman who is suffering from vaginal laxity, mild urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness or decreased sexual function can benefit from Votiva Vaginal Rejuvenation. There are a few women who may need to pursue other procedures, including women who:
- Have electric implants, like cardiac pacemakers or internal defibrillators.
- Have had surgery or implants in the treatment area within the last 6-12 months.
- Have a history of herpes virus, skin cancer, or genital cancer in the treatment area.
- Have an untreated, debilitating condition like cardiac disease, diabetes, or an autoimmune disease.
- Are pregnant or nursing.
What to Expect with Votiva
Most of our patients choose to have their first Votiva treatment on the same day as their initial consultation. We will take special steps to create a welcoming environment for each woman in our care:
- Votiva treatments are performed in our procedure room, where we can offer a selection of music and other amenities to help pass the time. Many women catch-up on emails, check Instagram or finish a favorite podcast during their procedure.
- A session will take about thirty minutes and is completely painless
- Following Votiva treatment, patients can resume their normal activities without any necessary ice packs or ointments. The only restriction is to avoid submerging in hot water for 2 days.
- As with any non-invasive procedure, there is a small chance of side effects after treatment such as soreness, swelling or bruising, but this is rare and usually resolves within a few days.
The practice prefers to schedule the second and third treatment sessions before the patient leaves at the end of her first session. Three months after the third session, women can expect optimal results when the treated areas look and feel firmer. Treated labial skin should have less laxity, and patients who have an internal treatment in their vaginal canal and vaginal opening should have improved sensation and feel more friction during intimacy. A single annual maintenance treatment will help patients to continue to enjoy the benefits the benefits of Votiva.
I completed my series of 3 Votiva treatments at Womens Wellness and consider this a complete success. Dr. Brady and her staff were so welcoming and caring from the first phone call to my last treatment. Votiva has significantly improved my vaginal looseness, urinary incontinence and has enhanced my orgasms. As an added bonus the Votiva treatment greatly improved the appearance of my labia which has boosted my self-confidence. I look forward to coming back in a year for my annual maintenance and seeing these wonderful women again.
J.C. – Dallas, TX
Votiva Treatment Goals
During the initial Votiva consultation, our expert nursing staff will speak with the patient about her concerns and treatment goals. Our practice has performed over 1500 treatments to date, so we have a lot of experience when it comes to managing patient expectations and confirming whether a patient’s goals are achievable.
If a woman desires vaginal tightening and is unsure whether she is a surgical vs non-surgical candidate, Dr. Brady will perform a physical examination. This will allow her to determine the patient’s degree of vaginal relaxation and confirm whether Votiva or a surgical solution such as vaginoplasty or labiaplasty is the best approach to achieve a patient’s intimate goals. As an example, a woman whose vaginal opening is about 2 fingers wide is more likely to benefit from Votiva vaginal tightening than someone who is at a vaginal width of 4-5 fingers. Votiva treatments tighten the vaginal skin but not the muscles underneath (pelvic floor muscles). Therefore, patients with severe vaginal relaxation may be better served with surgical tightening.
If a patient’s goals include a more youthful vaginal aesthetic, we may also review numerous before and after photos of past patients and the results they have achieved. Women who want to firm up the outer labia without surgery may be good candidates for either Votiva or Vampire Wing Lift®. Vampire Wing Lift uses JUVÉDERM® and advanced growth factor injections to give the labia a plumper shape and pinker color. Votiva does not change the coloring of the labia, so if patients have this aesthetic need, we may recommend Intimate Bleaching instead.
Women who list improved sexual function as their main goal may also benefit from Votiva combined with an OShot or BioTE Hormone Optimization.
Women who are presenting to the practice in hopes of avoiding a sling surgery for incontinence may benefit from Votiva treatment combined with PRP Injections beneath the bladder and referral to our favorite Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist.
Experience Non-Invasive Vaginal Rejuvenation with Votiva by Booking Your Consultation Today
Women’s Wellness Institute of Dallas is the only physician-led practice in the city that specializes in sexual health and cosmetic gynecology. As a result of Dr. Brady’s expertise and experience, she can help patients understand whether Votiva is likely to provide the benefits they desire or guide them to a more effective treatment.
If you’d like to experience the benefits of non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation, book your complimentary consultation today by filling out the form below or by calling us at (214) 442-0055.