What Are the Benefits of Intimate Lightening?
For some patients, the darkened color of their genital and anal area may not match the rest of their skin. While this is a normal phenomenon called hyper-pigmentation, many women may find this discoloration unattractive. Luckily, intimate lightening is an easy way for these patients to achieve the lighter skin tone they desire. Dr. Brady offers both G-Peels and laser bleaching to correct these color issues.
The main benefit of intimate lightening is increased self-confidence. Patients will have no reason to be self-conscious or embarrassed about the darkened appearance of their genital or anal area. No longer will they be nervous or ashamed to be naked in front of their partner. Rather, patients will feel attractive and empowered, two traits which may even improve a woman’s sex life.
Because there are two different options for intimate lightening, patients also have the flexibility to choose the option that’s right for them. Both options are fast and easy and have limited downtime.
Different Treatments for Intimate Lightening
CO2 Laser Bleaching
CO2 Laser Intimate Bleaching is the gold standard skin lightening procedure that yields the best and most beautiful results possible. Women’s Wellness Institute of Dallas offers an exclusive protocol including a prescription for a medical grade compounded skin bleaching cream combined with a series of fractional CO2 laser treatments for optimal lightening of the intimate areas.
- CO2 laser bleaching results in an approximate 65% lightening of the skin in the treatment area
- CO2 laser bleaching lightens the labia minora, majora, peri-anal region, mons pubis and inner thighs
- CO2 laser bleaching consists of a series of 4 laser treatments spaced about 4-6 weeks apart for optimal results
G-Peel (genital peel) is a skin lightening chemical peel. Similar to a facial skin peel, it is a non-toxic acidic chemical peel that stimulates the top cell layers of the skin to slough off to expose fresh, healthy skin. This results in a lightening of the treated genital skin.
- A G-Peel series results in an approximate 30% lightening of the skin in the treated area
- G-Peel cannot be used to treat the labia minora
- G-Peel results require 6-10 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart to achieve the desired effect
Who Is a Candidate for Intimate Lightening?
Anyone in the Dallas area with darkened skin (hyperpigmentation) in their genital area can benefit from intimate lightening. While this hyperpigmentation may be natural or genetic, it can also be exacerbated by:
- Changes in hormonal levels
- Having an infection in the area
- Chafing or rubbing of the skin
To determine whether a patient is a good candidate for intimate lightening she needs to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brady and her expert staff. After reviewing past medical history, performing a physical exam and skin typing, a detailed plan of care is developed to achieve the patient’s goals.
What Does Intimate Lightening Cost?
Because intimate lightening can be performed in numerous areas as well as using different techniques (laser bleaching vs G-Peel), it’s difficult to quote an accurate price without a thorough consultation. Dr. Brady recommends that interested Dallas patients schedule an appointment to develop a plan of care to include desired treatment and number of treatments (most patients require four to six sessions for optimal results).
Patients should keep in mind that our office does provide three financing plans to make treatment more affordable: CareCredit, United Medical Credit, and Prosper Healthcare Lending.
What Is the Recovery Like After Intimate Lightening?
Recovery from intimate lightening depends on which treatment the patient choses to pursue:
• For Intimate laser bleaching, patients will need to wait one day to shower. They must also refrain from sex for at least seven days and keep the area moisturized. The skin may be sensitive, red, itchy, and swollen, but this can be combated with cold compresses and over-the-counter pain meds.
• For a G-Peel, patients must avoid sun and tanning bed exposure for a week. They’ll also need to keep the area dry and moisturized, as well as wear loose underwear and clothing.
Schedule Your Intimate Lightening in Dallas Today
Don’t let darkened skin in your genital area affect your self-confidence. Become more comfortable and confident in your own skin by calling us at (214) 442-0055 to schedule your intimate lightening appointment today.