Vaginal rejuvenation surgery is growing in popularity among women as they become more confident when speaking about the issues that they’re experiencing. Some want to correct the issues that have happened over time – due to childbirth, injury, age itself or even birth defects they’ve been living with their whole lives. For many women, the effects of aging and childbirth has left them feeling less feminine than they were and often less comfortable being intimate with their partners because they feel “loose” down below. There can even be some pain that occurs during intercourse or an overall loss of the same feeling they used to enjoy during sex. It can be a very frustrating realization for women who are doing Kegel exercises or hoped that with time their vagina would heal completely to realize that it just isn’t the same. For many of these women, vaginal rejuvenation has provided a solution and helped to restore their bodies to their younger, pre-childbirth form.
Undergoing vaginal rejuvenation surgery takes careful consideration as it is a gynecologic surgery with expected risks involved. If you’ve been considering vaginal rejuvenation, the first step is to schedule an initial consultation with your doctor for a full examination and to discuss any questions and concerns you may have about the procedure beforehand. During this time, prospective patients should feel comfortable asking any questions they might have regarding the procedure itself, the possible outcomes, the healing time, the cost and so forth. Interviewing your surgeon ensures that you feel confident in the care that they provide and should help you navigate the expectations for surgery itself. Take a list of questions to your consultation so you don’t forget to ask the most important things you want to know. Here are just some of the questions you might consider asking during your consultation, though you may have others:
- Should I wait until I’m finished having children before I undergo a vaginal rejuvenation?
- Will this procedure be painful?
- How soon can I resume sex after vaginal rejuvenation?
- How much does this procedure cost?
- Will insurance cover my vaginal rejuvenation surgery?
- Are surgical rejuvenation methods more effective than laser methods?
- I haven’t had children but I feel like I have a wide vagina, can I still have this procedure?
- How can a vaginal rejuvenation improve my life both sexually and otherwise?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- How long is the healing time?
Again, these are just some of the questions you might consider asking during your consultation. Each patient is different and is undergoing the procedure for their own reasons and each patient’s body and situation is unique. Our team wants to make sure we’re serving you as an individual and we’ll do all we can to guide you through this process towards healing and increased self-confidence.